Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Forward

One of the projects I have given my intern Bree is to figure out how to get a horse to walk trot and canter with no flee, without using her legs or saddle strings or any sort of driving force. I started her on this project with a filly thatI had done the foundation work and first four rides on, and told her to figure out how to teach this horse to lope. This project was as much for Bree's learning as the horse, and of course I have no problem using aids, but this concept I think is really life changing.

She did it! And the changes in her horsemanship have been huge (plus, that filly is riding like a pro!). Any ideas how she did it?

Here is Bree on a different horse, Grace, working on something similar out in the field.


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome how much she is progressing! Finding your horsemanship niche is always an amazing journey. Especially when you have a good mentor.

    ReplyDelete